Do you feel the excitement in the air? Holidays are always filled with a certain feeling of magic, paired with cheerful decorations, piling gifts, happy people, jolly music and all the sweet treats you can handle.
From candles to candy and trees to toys, nearly every joyful holiday tradition also carries the potential for accidents, injuries and even fires. December is the deadliest month for electrical fires, falls from ladders and roofs. Don't let your guard down this holiday season. Follow our safety tips to keep your family away from any danger.
1. Test electric lights and electrified decorations before putting them up. Check for worn, unsafe plugs, frayed cords and unsafe connections.
2. Keep fragile ornaments on wire hangers at the top of the tree, out of the reach of children.
3. Purchase a fresh christmas tree to avoid fire hazard with a drying tree. Water it daily!
4. Keep floor decorations corralled under the tree and not underfoot. That includes tree skirts, toy trains, decorative villages and piles of presents.
5. Don’t use prickly roping on handrails, making it difficult for people to grasp the rails as they go up and down stairs.
Enjoy the festivities and take your safety and the safety of your loved ones very seriously!
#Holidays #HolidaySeason #HolidayDecor #HolidayHazards #HolidaySafety #avoidfirestone